LEH LADAKH BIKE EXPEDITION
13 DAYS / 12 NIGHTS TOUR
DELHI – CHANDIGARH – MANALI – JISPA – SARCHU – LEH – KHARDUNGLA – PANGONG – NUBRA – KARGIL – SRINAGAR-PATHANKOT-DELHI
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Large Group
FIXED DEPARTURE DATES OF 2019 ARE :
DAY 01 DAY 13
- 06th June, Thursday – 18th June,Tuesday
- 22nd June, Saturday – 04th July, Thursday.
- 09th July, Tuesday – 21st July, Sunday.
- 26th July, Friday – 07th August, Wednesday.
- 11th August, Sunday – 23rd August,Friday.
- 27th August, Tuesday – 08th September, Sunday.
RIDERS ARE EXPECTED TO COME ON DAY OO TO DELHI FOR BIKE TEST RIDES FROM 11:00 AM TILL 04:30 PM & FOR ORIENTATION MEET AT 06:00 PM.
REQUEST: Kindly, go through all the written material & attachments we will send you very carefully and clear all your doubts before booking or before the tour starts as once the tour starts we want to move like a family, enjoying and facing all odd & evens with a clear positive attitude and of course no doubts.
- Bike/SUV/Tempo Traveler from Delhi to Delhi (as per the package).
- Ladakh number bike for 3 days, for Nubra & Pangong ride (350cc/500cc according to availability).
- Himalayans will not be given in Leh for 3 days, instead 500 cc will be given in it’s place.
- Bikes will be given as per the itinerary only and not for the local, free day or free time rides.
- 12 nights’ accommodation on twin or triple sharing bases in standard hotels / tents / camps with neat & tidy rooms and western wash rooms. All tent accommodation will be in Swiss camps with attached western wash rooms. Accommodation starts from night stay on Day 01 at Chandigarh till night stay on Day 12 in Pathankot.
- Meals on MAP plan, 2 meals (Breakfast & Dinner) at eating joints on the way & may not be in major towns where people prefer to have platters according to their personal tastes. From breakfast on Day 01 at Chandigarh till breakfast on Day 13 in Pathankot.
- Manali Green Tribunal permit.
- Tour Leader cum Guide on his bike to lead the group.
- Tour Manager to manage the group by taking all safety measures. The group has to follow her / him to make the tour a success.
- Well experienced and skilled Royal Enfield Mechanic with spare parts and tools. They are well trained to handle large groups. The mechanic will be in the backing car.
- The spare parts, engine oil used on the way or any damages to the bike on the tour is chargeable.
- Backing vehicle – a 4 wheel drive ( Xylo/Innova) car for manager, mechanical and medical support. Electronic items like cameras, lap tops can be kept in the car.
- Basic first Aid Kit & Oxygen cylinders. It’s advised that one should bring his/her own medicines which are known and suitable to him.
- Bikes (for those who are bringing their own).
- GST @ 5%
- Fuel cost
- Bikes security deposits.
- Leh Inner line permits (Will be arranged by TBC but are chargeable)
- Day 00 accommodation. (TBC can book it for you on economical rates in a hotel where all the riders stay and where we have our orientation).
- Spare parts, Engine oil used on the way or any kind of bike damages during the tour.
- If, the rider because of any circumstances leaves the ride in between then the charges for transporting the bike from the leaving point till Delhi are chargeable from the rider.
- Any personal air / bus / taxi / jeep fare Any kind of personal expenditure like such as tips , extra meals, alcohol, mineral water, laundry, optional tours , medical expenses, phone calls ,entrance fees to monuments/forts/monasteries, camera fees, guide fees etc.
- Any kind of state fees for bikes or any local people charging entry fees to any place.
- Any kind of personal, accidental or medical insurance or any medical expenses.
- In case of any natural calamity, landslides, road blockage etc. if, the tour is extended or the itinerary has to be changed then any extra cost which occurs beyond our control will be on client’s side .
- It’s an adventure ride full of challenges and unpredictable weather conditions. Some areas are also political tensed so because of any such natural or human made calamity if, the tour is extended / diverted or terminated before the ending date then in such case TONY BIKE CENTRE will not be responsible for it and any additional cost has to be paid by the clients.
- Tour excludes all such things which are not mentioned above in our format.
NIGHT STAY AT DELHI
STAY AT DELHI HOTEL –00 NIGHT
ORIENTATION DAY –Day one is a very important days as the group gets the briefing on the entire tour. The riders are introduced with each other and are open to ask any of the queries to the tour leader.
Do’s and Don’ts are not to missed by anyone as the tour which you have chosen is not a visit to a hill station, it’s LEH and it’s different.
NEW DELHI TO CHANDIGARH (238 KM. – 5 HRS.)
STAY AT CHANDIGARH HOTEL – 1ST Night
The mechanic will give a brief introduction about the Royal Enfield bike followed by a brief orientation given by the tour leader for those who were not there on the previous day.
The tour takes off to Chandigarh crossing the beautiful fields on the either side of NH1. Breakfast halt will be on a road side dhaba and that will be the first feel of the country side.
The evening is free so if, one wishes can ride to the Stone Garden or can have a nice long rest to start fresh, early next morning.
CHANDIGARH TO MANALI (340 KM. – 7 TO 8 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 2000 MTS.)
Early morning we start the ride to Manali. Adventure ride starts from the road to Manali. We will see the huge Pando Dam on the way and will stop for a quick photo shots. From Kullu onwards the road runs almost parallel to river Beas. Manali is the most visited hill station of India.
Evening walk and dinner at the hotel. If, reached on time bikes will be checked.
MANALI TO JISPA ( 120 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 3,080 MTS.)
STAY AT JISPA – 3RD NIGHT
Today we have to cross the Rohtang la – altitude 3878 MTS.
This route will make you feel the heights of snow white covered Rohtang La and then the green field of Kelong valley.
This day is also important for the bikes and the bikers as they will cross the first pass of this route – Rohtang La, one of the worst but the most lovable pass of the riders.
JISPA TO SARCHU (110 KM. – 2 TO 3 HRS. – ALT : 4000 MTS. / 13,850 FT.)
STAY AT SARCHU IN TENTS – 4TH Night
The tour starts very early in the morning.
One crosses Baralacha la – 4830 MTS.
The green fields of Keylong and Jispa are also a treat to the eyes.
This ride & this night stay is the most crucial stay of the entire tour the reason is that this night halt is at a place of the highest altitude in our tour where we have to stay at night.
Riders must follow the health and the safety instructions of the tour leader.
SARCHU TO LEH (230 KM. – 8 TO 9 HRS.- ALTITUDE : 3500 MTS. / 11,500 FT.)
STAY AT LEH HOTEL – 5TH Night
Sarchu is the last town of Himachal Pradesh and after this we enter the state of Jammu and Kashmir. This road is having many passes. Road is rough so the riders have to be very cautious.
We will cross Nakeela Pass – 15,547 FT. ,Lachulungla Pass – 16,616 FT.
Then comes the Great Gyanchuthang Plains. This plain land with a straight road in the centre is approximately 50 km. long. It leads to Thanglang La – altitude 17582 mt. – it’s the worlds 2nd highest road.On the way we will cross Upshi ,Rumptse Village & Upshi Village. From Upshi river Indus will flow along the road. This river is originated from Kailash Mansarovar.
YOU HAVE ENTERIED THE AREA OF INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION.
One can see the barley field in these villages as it’s the main crop here. If, luck enough then far away from the main road you can see the nomads of Leh Ladakh with their flocks of sheep ,famous for Pashmina Wool.
If, on time then can visit Thiskey Monastry which is on the way to Leh.
FREE DAY AT LEH – 6TH Night
Bike check up day.
If, health wise one is feeling O.K. then can visit Shanti Stupa ,Thiskey Monastry, Shey Palace and go to the famous Tibet market. This day is free for shopping. If, you are interested we can arrange local cabs for you for river rafting in Indus river (extra charges).
Take rest for the adventure ride of the next day.
LEH - KAHARDUNG LA – Nubra – 125 KM. – 3 HRS.– ALTITUDE – 18,380 FT. / 5620 MTS.)
STAY AT NUBRA – 7TH Night
Today you will ride the highest motorable road in the world. It’s the most exciting and the most challenging path of the tour. This route is the Old Silk Route which leads to China. This route also leads to Saichen Glacier.To ride on this road and to reach the Pass is the main target of this 13 days long tour. You can take as many photos as you can with the historical board behind you saying ‘ YOU ARE AT THE HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD IN THE WORLD . Crossing Khardungla we will enter the Nubra Valley. It’s a green valley with peach trees all over & sand dunes with double humped Siberian camels.
NUBRA TO PANGONG TSO ( 120 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 15,000 FT.)
STAY AT PANGONG TSO IN TENTS – 8TH Night
The Pangong lake is the highest natural salt lake in Asia. It’s a real treat for your eyes. It’s first look will make you speechless. It’s 160 km. long and has a turquoise color. One third part of the lake is in India and the rest is in China.
This road from Nubra to Pangong is the actual love passionate ride for off road lovers. This ride is a real dream ride for a biker.
We will stay in the tent accommodation along the lake side in Spangmik Village.
The color combination of this crystal clear lake with the surrounding mountains will pamper your eyes.
PANGONG TSO TO LEH – (160 KM.- 5 TO 6 HRS.)
STAY AT LEH – 9TH Night
On the way to Leh comes the Chang La pass – altitude 17,658 mts. It’s the 3rd highest motorable pass of the world.
Tangste is the place from where The Karakoram Range of mountains start and the river Shayok flows along it. This area is exposed to direct Ultra Violet sun rays.
On the way back to Leh one can visit the famous 3 idiot school, The Lotus Valley School and one can have lunch there.
Afternoon will be free for sightseeing or shopping.
LEH TO KARGIL – 220 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS.
STAY IN TENTS – 10TH Night
Today we will catch NH 1 to reach Kargil. The initial road from Leh towards Kargil is excellent but as we proceed it comes back to it’s original rough form.
We will stop at the Pathar Sahib Gurudwara to have ‘Prasad ‘ of tea and sweets. This Gurudwara is built and maintained by Indian Army.
Alchi Monastry and Lamayaru are on the way.
On the way we will cross Fotula Pass – 13,470 FT. and Namkila Pass -12,198 FT.
We will visit Mulbek Village at Chamba having the 1st-century statue of Lord Buddha of Khushan Period engraved on a mountain. This village is the last village having the Hindu or Buddhist population after this area the entire population is Islamic. When you will cross these areas you will see and experience the change over from one culture to another.
KARGIL TO SRINAGAR – 208 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS.
STAY AT SRINAGAR HOTEL / HOUSE BOAT – 11TH Night
Our first halt on this route will be the War Museum made in the memory of our brave jawans who gave their life in Kargil war of 1999.. We will pay our homage to them and will fill ourselves with pride to be in a country which such brave people.
On the way to Srinagar we will cross Drass, one of the 2nd coldest inhabitant place of the world.
Then comes the narrowest Zozila Pass – 11,953 FT. To cross this patience and concentration is required or we can say that you will have to apply all your riding experience here. Crossing it we will proceed towards Sonmarg and will start seeing the lush green mountains of Paradise on Earth – KASHMIR.
After traveling through the dry mountains of Ladakh to see these green mountains will be a real relief to your eyes.
SRINAGAR TO PATHANKOT – 350 KM. – 7 TO 8 HRS.
STAY AT PATHANKOT HOTEL – 12TH Night
Vai Anantnag we will cross the 2531 MTS. Long Jawahar Tunnel. If, lucky enough we will try to take some ‘Prasad ‘ from the langar pandals set up for the yataris of Amarnath. We will be moving on NH – 44 and will again come back to NH-1 to proceed towards Pathankot.
Reaching Pathankot will make everyone go into the deep thoughts of asking yourself what have we really done this most adventurous and daring trip to Leh?
YES, YOU HAVE DONE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
PATHANKOT TO DELHI – 473 KM. – 8TO 9 HRS.
You will be on NH-1 now but we are sure that you will be missing those bumpy and challenging roads.
Most of the times riders ask us that now this highway is like this only, when will some good roads come. ‘Good’ here means those roads of Leh Ladakh. These lines show that you are a complete rider now.
Special offer…..2018 rates for those who will book the tour before 31st Dec. 2018.
IT’S HIGHLY RECCOMENDABLE THAT THE RIDERS WITH PILLION RIDERS OR DUAL RIDERS ON 1 BIKE SHOULD TAKE 500 CC BULLETS. LEH ROADS ARE THE WORLDS TOUGHEST ROADS AND TO RIDE THEM WITH 2 RIDERS ON 1 BIKE AND THAT ALSO 350 CC CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING.
WITH 2 RIDERS BIKE NEEDS MORE POWER ON THESE HIGH ALTTITUDE TOUGH ROADS WITH LESS OXYGEN.
IT’S TECHANICALLY NOT RECCOMMENDABLE SO WE ARE SHARING IT WITH YOU.
As per the costing it will be just Rs.250/ more per person per day but this small amount can make your ride more comfortable.
REST IS YOUR CHOICE AND WE WILL REGARD IT AND WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE YOUR TOUR A SUCCESS.
MANDATORY : NO RIDER WILL BE ALLOWED TO DO THE RIDE WITHOUT PROPER RIDING GEARS. TONY BIKE CENTRE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO CANCEL THE RIDE OF A RIDER IF, HE/SHE IS NOT WEARING PROPER RIDING GEARS. NO RISK CAN BE TAKEN ON THESE WORLD’S TOUGHEST ROADS.
- Minimum age of the rider for this tour should be 21 years.
- The tour can be cancelled if, the riders are less than 8 in number, per group.
- If, any rider wants to leave the tour in between then he has to pay the transportation cost from the leaving point till Delhi.
- Riders must have proper riding gears for the tour.
- Check in time for all the hotels is 12 noon. In case of early check in rooms will be available if, they are not occupied.
- Minimum age of a rider should be 21 years.
- For the continuity or discontinuity of the tour or any decision which has to be taken for the safety of the group the DECISION OF THE TOUR LEADER WILL BE FULL AND FINAL.
- For any accidents, thefts or illness TONY BIKE CENTRE shall not be held responsible.
- In case of any accident or illness all the medical charges or travel &transporting charges will be borne by the rider himself.
- It’s a package tour so in case of any natural calamity, human made calamity, accidents, illness or any personal circumstances if, the rider starts or ends the tour at any place then the tour money will not be refunded.
- The tour will be cancelled anytime if, the riders are not 8 in number.
- The program schedule / route/ mode of transport might be changed due to unforeseen circumstances or for the safety of the group; the decision of the Program Director and/ or the Field director will be final & binding in this regard.
- In case any participant falls sick during the tour, the expenses for medical treatment, travel & porter charges etc. will be borne by the concerned individual.
- During the tour, the decision of the Program Director and/ or the Field director will be final and binding.
- TONY BIKE CENTRE shall not be held responsible for any accident, illness and loss of valuables or such other unforeseen events during the tour.
IMPORTANT POINT TO BE KNOWN :
- Srinagar is a tensed area. If, there is any disturbance or if we come to know that anytime anything can go wrong then even if, the situations seems to be normal at that particular time, we will not take any risk and WILL NOT GO VIA SRINAGAR.
- Your safety is our priority so if, we feel that something can go wrong then we will not take any risk of your life and will come back via Manali route.
PAYMENT TERM: 100% ADVANCE
TOUR CAN BE BOOKED WITH A BOOKING AMOUNT OF 50 % OF THE FULL PAYMENT & BALANCE 50 % TO BE PAID 60 DAYS BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF TOUR.
KINDLY NOTE :
GST OF 5% IS CHARGED ON ALL PACKAGES.
- Up to Sixty (60) days or more before the tour departure; 100% of the tour amount is refunded
- Between Forty-five (45) days to Fifty-nine (59) days before the tour departure; 75% of the tour amount is refunded
Between thirty to forty four days before the tour 50% of the tour amount is refunded.
- Twenty-nine (29) days or less before the tour departure; No refunds
- The above are subject to a deduction of Rs.2,100.00 towards registration charges.
DARE, RIDE & ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!