- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
PLACES TO BE COVERED:
DELHI – CHANDIGARH - MANALI – KELONG / JISPA - SARCHU – LEH - PANGONG - LEH – KHARDUNGLA – NUBRA – LEH - KARGIL – SRINAGAR – JAMMU / PATHANKOT – DELHI.
14 DAYS / 13 NIGHTS TOUR - A TRUE PLEASURE FOR ANY TRAVELER
FIXED DEPARTURE DATE OF 2018 ARE :
17TH JUNE – Day 01 - Sunday
MODE OF TRANSPORT :
BIKE ON RENT FROM US
SUV’S & TEMPO TRAVELERS
We mostly conduct mixed tours with bikes, SUV’s & Tempo Travelers.
NIGHT STAY AT DELHI
STAY AT DELHI HOTEL –00 NIGHT
ORIENTATION DAY -Day one is a very important days as the group gets the briefing on the entire tour. The riders are introduced with each other and are open to ask any of the queries to the tour leader.
Do’s and Don’ts are not to missed by anyone as the tour which you have chosen is not a visit to a hill station, it’s LEH and it’s different.
NEW DELHI TO CHANDIGARH (238 KM. – 5 HRS.)
STAY AT CHANDIGARH HOTEL – 1ST Night
The mechanic will give a brief introduction about the Royal Enfield bike followed by a brief orientation given by the tour leader for those who were not there on the previous day.
The tour takes off to Chandigarh crossing the beautiful fields on the either side of NH1. Breakfast halt will be on a road side dhaba and that will be the first feel of the country side.
Evening is free so if, one wishes can ride to the Stone Garden or can have a nice long rest to start fresh, early next morning.
CHANDIGARH TO MANALI (340 KM. – 7 TO 8 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 2000 MTS.)
Early morning we start the ride to Manali. Adventure ride starts from the road to Manali. We will see the huge Pando Dam on the way and will stop for a quick photo shots. From Kullu onwards the road runs almost parallel to river Beas. Manali is the most visited hill station of India.
Evening walk and dinner at the hotel. If, reached on time bikes will be checked.
MANALI TO JISPA ( 120 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 3,080 MTS.)
STAY AT JISPA – 3RD NIGHT
Today we have to cross the Rohtang la - altitude 3878 MTS.
This route will make you feel the heights of snow white covered Rohtang La and then the green field of Kelong valley.
This day is also important for the bikes and the bikers as they will cross the first pass of this route – Rohtang La, one of the worst but the most lovable pass of the riders.
JISPA TO SARCHU (110 KM. – 2 TO 3 HRS. – ALT : 4000 MTS. / 13,850 FT.)
STAY AT SARCHU IN TENTS – 4TH Night
The tour starts very early in the morning.
One crosses Baralacha la – 4830 MTS.
The green fields of Keylong and Jispa are also a treat to the eyes.
This ride & this night stay is the most crucial stay of the entire tour the reason is that this night halt is at a place of the highest altitude in our tour where we have to stay at night.
Riders must follow the health and the safety instructions of the tour leader.
SARCHU TO LEH (230 KM. – 8 TO 9 HRS.- ALTITUDE : 3500 MTS. / 11,500 FT.)
STAY AT LEH HOTEL / TENTS – 5TH Night
Sarchu is the last town of Himachal Pradesh and after this we enter the state of Jammu and Kashmir. This road is having many passes. Road is rough so the riders have to be very cautious.
We will cross Nakeela Pass – 15,547 FT. ,Lachulungla Pass – 16,616 FT.
Then comes the Great Gyanchuthang Plains. This plain land with a straight road in the centre is approximately 50 km. long. It leads to Thanglang La – altitude 17582 mt. – it’s the worlds 2nd highest road.On the way we will cross Upshi ,Rumptse Village & Upshi Village. From Upshi river Indus will flow along the road. This river is originated from Kailash Mansarovar.
YOU HAVE ENTERIED THE AREA OF INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION.
One can see the barley field in these villages as it’s the main crop here. If, luck enough then far away from the main road you can see the nomads of Leh Ladakh with their flocks of sheep ,famous for Pashmina Wool.
If, on time then can visit Thiskey Monastry which is on the way to Leh.
FREE DAY AT LEH – 6TH Night
Bike check up day.
If, health wise one is feeling O.K. then can visit Shanti Stupa ,Thiskey Monastry, Shey Palace and go to the famous Tibet market. This day is free for shopping. If, you are interested we can arrange local cabs for you for river rafting in Indus river (extra charges).
Take rest for the adventure ride of the next day.
LEH TO PANGONG TSO ( 164 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS. – ALTITUDE : 15,000 FT.)
STAY AT PANGONG TSO IN TENTS – 7TH Night
On the way to Pangong Lake comes the Chang La pass – altitude 17,658 mts. It’s the 3rd highest motorable pass of the world.
Tangste is the place from where The Karakoram Range of mountains start and the river Shayok flows along it. This area is exposed to direct Ultra Violet sun rays. Then comes the Pangong lake highest natural salt lake in Asia is a real treat for your eyes. It’s first look will make you speechless. It’s 160 km. long and has a turquoise color. One third part of the lake is in India and the rest is in China.
We will stay in the tent accommodation along the lake side in Spangmik Village.
The color combination of this crystal clear lake with the surrounding mountains will pamper your eyes.
PANGONG TSO TO LEH –
STAY AT LEH - 8TH Night
On the way back to Leh we will visit the famous 3 idiot school, The Lotus Valley School and one can have lunch there.
Take proper rest as next day is the majestic ride to Khardung La.
LEH - KAHARDUNG LA – Nubra – 125 KM. – 3 HRS.– ALTITUDE – 18,380 FT. / 5620 MTS.)
STAY AT NUBRA – 9TH Night
Today you will ride the highest motorable road in the world. It’s the most exciting and the most challenging path of the tour. This route is the Old Silk Route which leads to China. This route also leads to Saichen Glacier.To ride on this road and to reach the Pass is the main target of this 13 days long tour. You can take as many photos as you can with the historical board behind you saying ‘ YOU ARE AT THE HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD IN THE WORLD . Crossing Khardungla we will enter the Nubra Valley. It’s a green valley with peach trees all over & sand dunes with double humped Siberian camels.
NUBRA TO LEH – 220 KM. – 3 TO 4 HRS.
NIGHT STAY AT LEH
LEH TO KARGIL – 220 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS.
STAY IN TENTS – 11TH Night
Today we will catch NH 1 to reach Kargil. The initial road from Leh towards Kargil is excellent but as we proceed it comes back to it’s original rough form.
We will stop at the Pathar Sahib Gurudwara to have ‘Prasad ‘ of tea and sweets. This Gurudwara is built and maintained by Indian Army.
Alchi Monastry and Lamayaru Monastries are on the way.
On the way we will cross Fotula Pass – 13,470 FT. and Namkila Pass -12,198 FT.
We will visit Mulbek Village at Chamba having the 1st century statue of Lord Buddha of Khushan Period engraved on a mountain. This village is the last village having the Hindu or Buddhist population after this area the entire population is Islamic. When you will cross these areas you will see and experience the change over from one culture to another.
KARGIL TO SRINAGAR – 208 KM. – 4 TO 5 HRS.
STAY AT SRINAGAR HOTEL / HOUSE BOAT – 12TH Night
Our first halt on this route will be the War Museum made in the memory of our brave jawans who gave their life in Kargil war of 1999.. We will pay our homage to them and will fill ourselves with pride to be in a country which have such brave people.
On the way to Srinagar we will cross Drass, one of the 2nd coldest inhabitant place of the world.
Then comes the narrowest Zozila Pass – 11,953 FT. To cross this patience and concentration is required or we can say that you will have to apply all your riding experience here. Crossing it we will proceed towards Sonmarg and will start seeing the lush green mountains of Paradise on Earth – KASHMIR.
After travelling through the dry mountains of Ladakh to see these green mountains will be a real relief to your eyes.
SRINAGAR TO PATHANKOT – 350 KM. – 7 TO 8 HRS.
STAY AT PATHANKOT HOTEL – 13TH Night
Vai Anantnag we will cross the 2531 MTS. Long Jawahar Tunnel. If, lucky enough we will try to take some ‘Prasad ‘ from the langar pandals set up for the yataris of Amarnath. We will be moving on NH – 44 and will again come back to NH-1 to proceed towards Pathankot.
Reaching Pathankot will make everyone go into the deep thoughts of asking yourself that have we really done this most adventurous and daring trip to Leh?
YES, YOU HAVE DONE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONNECT WITH US:
- 13 nights / 14 days accommodation on twin or triple sharing bases in standard hotels / tents / camps with neat & tidy rooms and western wash rooms. All tent accommodation will be in Swiss camps with attached western wash rooms. Accommodation start from Day 01 at Chandigarh till night halt at Pathankot./ Chandigarh.
- Meals on MAP plan, 2 meals (Breakfast & Dinner ) at eating joints on the way & may not be in major towns where people prefer to have platters according to their personal tastes. From day 01 breakfast till Day 14 Breakfast.
- Tour Leader cum Guide on his bike to lead the group.
- Tour Manager to manage the group by taking all safety measures. The group has to follow her / him to make the tour a success.
- Well experienced and skilled Royal Enfield Mechanic with spare parts and tools. They are well trained to handle large groups. The spare parts, engine oil used on the way or any damages to the bike on the tour is chargeable.
- Backing vehicle – a 4 wheel drive ( Xylo/Innova) car for mechanical and medical support. Electronic items like cameras, lap tops can be kept in the car.
- Basic first Aid Kit & Oxygen cylinders.
It’s advised that one should bring his/her own medicines which are known and suitable to him.
- Bikes & their security deposits (depends on the package chosen by you).
- Fuel cost (depends on the package chosen by you).
- Day 00 accommodation. (TBC can book it for you in a hotel where all the riders stay and where we have our orientation).
- Manali Green Tribunal & Leh Inner line permits (Will be arranged by TBC but are chargeable).
- Spare parts, Engine oil used on the way or any kind of bike damages during the tour.
- Charges for transporting the bike from any one destination to another during the tour.
- Any personal air / bus / taxi / jeep fare Any kind of personal expenditure like such as tips , extra meals, alcohol, mineral water, laundry, optional tours , medical expenses, phone calls ,entrance fees to monuments/forts/monasteries, camera fees, guide fees etc.
- Any kind of state fees for bikes or any local people charging entry fees to any place.
- Bike change costing in Leh because of the Leh Bike Union.
Bikes have to be changed in Leh for 4 days local sightseeing. TBC can book a bike for the rider for which the rider has to inform at the time of tour booking OR if, he wishes he can book a bike in Leh, on his own from the bike rental market on the free day which we give in Leh.
- Any kind of personal, accidental or medical insurance or any medical expenses.
- In case of any natural calamity, landslides, road blockage etc. if, the tour is extended or the itinerary has to be changed then any extra cost which occurs beyond our control will be on client’s side .
- It’s an adventure ride full of challenges and unpredictable weather conditions. Some areas are also political tensed so because of any such natural or human made calamity if, the tour is extended / diverted or terminated before the ending date then in such case TONY BIKE CENTRE will not be responsible for it.
Tour excludes all such things which are not mentioned above in our format.
No Details Found